[Ecls-list] [Maxima] success with ECL + Maxima compiled

Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR ** vkonovalov at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Jun 30 14:18:35 UTC 2008

> From: maxima-bounces at math.utexas.edu
> [mailto:maxima-bounces at math.utexas.edu] On Behalf Of Juan
> Jose Garcia-Ripoll
> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 7:53 PM, Robert Dodier
> <robert.dodier at gmail.com> wrote:
> > At present ECL builds Maxima via ASDF. We should figure out how to
> > build Maxima using the existing autoconf/automake machinery, either
> > by launching ASDF from a makefile or modifying maxima.system
> > (for defsystem) to build Maxima w/ ECL.
>
> Well, if we can figure out how things are built right now, then we can
> probably update it to work with ASDF. I presume the makefile calls a
> lisp with the appropriate lisp file, which in this case is
> maxima-build or so. I do not hink this will be a great problem.

Obvious misunderstanding

Maxima isn't built with ASDF right now, but for ECL it *is* built with
ASDF currently.

It is adviced to move ASDF logic to defsystem file (./src/maxima.system)
and to "./configure.in"

> Perhaps a bit more troublesome is the issue of the merge. If new files
> have been introduced, or new dependencies were stablished between the
> different files, this might break the current ASDF file.
>
> > I really know very little about
> > the various build tools, so I would really, really welcome
> anyone who
> > can provide suitable patches.

I'm not familiar with configure.in, but simply copying logic from other
lisp implementation (e.g."clisp") should work, isn't it?

BR,
Vadim.