[Ecls-list] success with ECL + Maxima compiled

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 29 18:32:46 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 7:53 PM, Robert Dodier <robert.dodier at gmail.com> wrote:
> At present ECL builds Maxima via ASDF. We should figure out how to
> build Maxima using the existing autoconf/automake machinery, either
> by launching ASDF from a makefile or modifying maxima.system
> (for defsystem) to build Maxima w/ ECL.

Well, if we can figure out how things are built right now, then we can
probably update it to work with ASDF. I presume the makefile calls a
lisp with the appropriate lisp file, which in this case is
maxima-build or so. I do not hink this will be a great problem.

Perhaps a bit more troublesome is the issue of the merge. If new files
have been introduced, or new dependencies were stablished between the
different files, this might break the current ASDF file.

> I really know very little about
> the various build tools, so I would really, really welcome anyone who
> can provide suitable patches.

This will take some time. But perhaps now people in the mailing list
or Sage groups might be more motivated to collaborate? What is left is
sort of simple compared to what has been done :-)

I thank you for your support and patience!