[Ecls-list] Swank ECL backend

Geo Carncross geocar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 13:34:09 UTC 2008

On Jan 19, 2008 7:19 AM, Tobias C. Rittweiler <tcr at freebits.de> wrote:
> > make-weak-key-hash-table shouldn't be used by anything. Can you upload
> > an .emacs and .eclrc/.ecl file someplace?
>
> It seems to be used in the slime-presentations contrib
> (swank-presentations.lisp.)

Shouldn't make-weak-key-hash-table then use the default (non-weak)
implementation in swank-backend.lisp?

I was thinking something had to be using it *before* swank got loaded
completely.

> > Slime's changed a lot in a year. Your ~/.emacs file wouldn't be
> > compatible anymore (for example). Here's the relevant bits from mine:
>
> Actually, in all likelihood it's actually compatible (The only
> backwards-incompatible change was that the API of `slime-setup' has
> changed, and you called that with keyword args.)

Really? I seem to recall having bigger problems last September.

> Actually, all this (AFAICS) should be done by one simple invocation of
> `slime-setup':
>
>   (slime-setup '(slime-fancy-inspector slime-presentations))

Hrm, looks like part of today will be spent tending *my* ~/.emacs :)