[Ecls-list] Swank ECL backend

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Sat Jan 19 13:49:40 UTC 2008

"Geo Carncross" <geocar at gmail.com> writes:

> On Jan 19, 2008 7:19 AM, Tobias C. Rittweiler <...> wrote:
>
> > > make-weak-key-hash-table shouldn't be used by anything. Can you upload
> > > an .emacs and .eclrc/.ecl file someplace?
> >
> > It seems to be used in the slime-presentations contrib
> > (swank-presentations.lisp.)
>
> Shouldn't make-weak-key-hash-table then use the default (non-weak)
> implementation in swank-backend.lisp?

This would result in a a quite severe memory leak, as all REPL results
are stored in that hash-table.

> > > Slime's changed a lot in a year. Your ~/.emacs file wouldn't be
> > > compatible anymore (for example). Here's the relevant bits from mine:
> >
> > Actually, in all likelihood it's actually compatible (The only
> > backwards-incompatible change was that the API of `slime-setup' has
> > changed, and you called that with keyword args.)
>
> Really? I seem to recall having bigger problems last September.

Of course, I cannot exclude subtle incompatibilities. If anyone
encounters problems when upgrading to CVS, he can come by in #lisp on
freenode, or simply drop a mail at slime-devel to get some help, though.

  -T.