[Ecls-list] Was wondering what I could do to help utf-8 support

David_Creelman at pa.com.au David_Creelman at pa.com.au
Thu Feb 28 02:30:30 UTC 2008

Hi Juan et al,
I've written a little mail handling utility for Mutt in ECL. It uses Mark
Battanyi's cl-pdf and cl-typesetting.

I've found that some of my mails are in utf-8 (which makes sense), however
when I run my utility under ECL it crashes trying to build the utf-8
character into the pdf I'm generating.

I'm pretty sure that cl-pdf works with utf-8 under sbcl because there are
examples that show it working. I was wondering if someone could let me know
what the state of unicode is under ECL and how to enable it (even if it
might not be 100% reliable).

I'm guessing cl-pdf's support for utf-8 is somewhat tied to sbcls utf-8
implementation. It might need some #ecl conditions to get it working
correctly.

...Also guessing that utf-8/unicode support is a feature that touches
nearly everything  and is quite a challenge ?

Regards
David