[Ecls-list] Slow prettyprinting (update)

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Sat Feb 16 23:14:28 UTC 2008

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> With the new_apply branch, we gain a factor 5 in consing and 5% in speed.
>
> real time : 1.872 secs
> run time  : 1.831 secs
> gc count  : 4 times
> consed    : 6737952 bytes
>
> I am not sure how much this improves build times in FriCAS.

I have now timings for new_apply branch:

                   release  CVS 2008-02-04 23:57     new_apply
simplified build   22m59          18m37                19m4
bootstrap          306m          190m                  187m

So for bootstrap there is small improvement, but for simplified build
there is a regression (the recent change disabling inlining ???).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl