[Ecls-list] ecl + windows + cffi question

Deepankar Sharma deepankar.sharma at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 07:18:55 UTC 2008

I have a couple of questions regarding using cffi + windows + ecl

1) How does one control the directories cffi looks for to load dll's ? As a
stop gap measure I copied the dll to the ecl/msvc directory and things seem
to get farther. But is there some environment variable for such things ?
2) While trying to load cl-opengl I get to this step now if i try to load a
version of the dll with debug symbols in it.-

r/site/cl-opengl/glut/init.exp
An error occurred during initialization:
FIND-FOREIGN-SYMBOL: Could not load foreign symbol "glutGet" from module
:DEFAULT (Error: NIL).

I tried loading a homebaked dll with debug symbols in it and that didnt work
too. Release dll's seem to load fine.

Besides that its been smooth sailing. I sidestepped the 64k limitation i ran
into yesterday by splitting funcs.lisp from cl-opengl into multiple files. I
also had to do filtering on constants.lisp. I got rid of constants for other
vendors like nvidia /  intel etc since I have an ati card. That drops the
enum
to below the 64k mark.