[Ecls-list] ecl + windows + cffi question

Muhammad Haggag mhaggag at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 19:34:55 UTC 2008

On 8/21/08, Deepankar Sharma <deepankar.sharma at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a couple of questions regarding using cffi + windows + ecl
>
> 1) How does one control the directories cffi looks for to load dll's ? As a
> stop gap measure I copied the dll to the ecl/msvc directory and things seem
> to get farther. But is there some environment variable for such things ?

It'll definitely call LoadLibrary under the covers, which means it
uses the standard dll path search strategy (see LoadLibrary remarks at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms684175(VS.85).aspx)

The default DLL search path on Windows is:

The directory from which the application loaded.
Directories added by calls to SetDllDirectory
The system directory.
The 16-bit system directory.
The Windows directory.
The directories that are listed in the PATH environment variable.

Regards
--
Muhammad Haggag