[Ecls-list] Line Number of errors ?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 24 07:44:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 3:47 AM, Geo Carncross <geocar at gmail.com> wrote:
>  A bigger change will be getting similar decorations elsewhere into ECL
>  so I can implement
>  find-definitions for things other than functions. I guess (SI:LOAD)
>  could bind the current form number
>  before it calls eval, and we could simply do something like
>  (SI:REGISTER-THING 'type 'name *pos* *load-pathname*)
>  does that sound about right?

Geo, this is how it is implemented right now. ECL binds
sys:*load-position* to the form number in src/c/load.d. This value is
used by the bytecodes compiler, which sets it into the interpreted
object. The problem is that currently this interpreted object is not
exported to the Invocation History Stack (IHS).

I am right now committing a change that will push the bytecodes of a
function instead of the function name itself into the stack.  Tag:
(CVS 2008-04-24 09:43)