[Ecls-list] Line Number of errors ?

Geo Carncross geocar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 01:47:04 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Tobias C. Rittweiler <tcr at freebits.de> wrote:
>  Geo Carncross seems to be the fellow who at the moment cares most about
>  ECL's slime backend. I don't have time to hack on this for the time
>  being, but if you, Geo, want to give this a shoot, I'll try to provide
>  as much help as time permits.
>
>  I can be reached either via mail, or in #lisp on freenode.org.

I don't mind taking a crack at it.

I've started on this now with a basic implementation of
find-definitions and find-source-location that
uses the new si:bc-file. It doesn't use the cache like the SBCL
implementation does yet.

Now one can M-. on functions in the slime repl when the presentations
contrib is loaded.

A bigger change will be getting similar decorations elsewhere into ECL
so I can implement
find-definitions for things other than functions. I guess (SI:LOAD)
could bind the current form number
before it calls eval, and we could simply do something like
(SI:REGISTER-THING 'type 'name *pos* *load-pathname*)
does that sound about right?

I'm on #lisp on freenode (geocar) as well, although I idle mostly.