[Ecls-list] building on linux x86 64 bit

Joshua Moody moody at ISI.EDU
Thu Jan 18 20:41:16 UTC 2007

Some simple searching did not reveal any information about building
ecl on Linux x86 64 bit.  I've encountered the following error when
building from a fresh checkout from cvs:

./configure --with-tcp --enable-threads
make
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `ffi_x86_64.o', needed by `../
libeclmin.a'.

My limited understanding of the make process leads me to believe that
configure was not able to guess the architecture correctly.  Is this
correct?  How can I work around this problem?  And finally, what
information about the architecture, os, gcc, etc. would been helpful
to provide?

Thanks,

jjm

Joshua Moody