[Ecls-list] building on linux x86 64 bit

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 19 18:02:17 UTC 2007

2007/1/18, Joshua Moody <moody at isi.edu>:
> Some simple searching did not reveal any information about building
> ecl on Linux x86 64 bit.

ECL can be built on any processor, independently of the words size, if
the Boehm-Weiser GC supports it.

>  I've encountered the following error when
> building from a fresh checkout from cvs:
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `ffi_x86_64.o', needed by `../
> libeclmin.a'.

When I added this file (Foreign function interface for 64 bit
processors), somehow the changes in the Makefile did not get uploaded.
I have fixed this. It should work now.

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,
http://teorica.fis.ucm.es/~jjgarcia/