[Ecls-list] clx, xlib packages, interpreted works, compiled doesn't

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 21 23:03:24 UTC 2007

2007/2/21, David_Creelman at pa.com.au <David_Creelman at pa.com.au>:
> However if this is built into an exe, there is an error, something like :-
> can't find (xlib::open-default-display)
> This seems like a problem with compilation, where it hasn't been able to
> correctly link in clx.fas.

FASL files are not linked in an executable. If you build a standalone
file, you still have to load CLX before you do any X windows
programming. Either that, or you rebuild CLX as a library and link it
into your program.

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,
http://teorica.fis.ucm.es/~jjgarcia/