[Ecls-list] clx, xlib packages, interpreted works, compiled doesn't

David_Creelman at pa.com.au David_Creelman at pa.com.au
Wed Feb 21 22:24:37 UTC 2007

Hi,
I'm trying to build an exe that uses clx.
If I configure ECL with --with-tcp and --with-clx I can run some of the clx
demos correctly from the interpreter.

;; Make sure xhost + is done before starting.
(require 'sockets)
(require 'clx)
(xlib::open-default-display)
(# Some X display info gets returned and a display type variable.

However if this is built into an exe, there is an error, something like :-
can't find (xlib::open-default-display)

This seems like a problem with compilation, where it hasn't been able to
correctly link in clx.fas.

I also note that (require 'sockets) returns ("SOCKETS") and (require 'asdf)
returns ("ASDF"), but (require 'clx) returns nil.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong ?

Regards
David