[Ecls-list] New Release?

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Wed Apr 4 15:29:03 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am currently in the process of setting up a PA-RISC box using Gentoo
Linux. At the moment ECL is my only option for a CL environment, as all
the others do not build on this machine.

My goal is to update the Ebuilds in Gentoo Portage to support the HP PA
platform, so that ECL can be build like every other software, using
emerge ecls, on this machine. The problem is that the 0.9i ebuild is
masked and 0.9h is quite old.

  1) The most recent ECL release 0.9i is hard masked because of linking
issues. Can anybody comment on that?

  2) Juanjo, is it possible to do a new release in the near future or
what are your plans about that?

Btw, on the ECL homepage the LATEST RELEASE link points to 0.9h's
release notes. This should be 0.9i or removed alltogether, as one can
see what's the latest release via the download link.

Regards,
Julian