[Ecls-list] Latest changes

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 12 17:16:07 UTC 2006

... too many to list here.

After a couple of days of frantic coding, I think I have fixed most
bugs related to support of unicode strings in the library functions.
That includes things such as string comparisons, pathnames,
structures, symbols, etc.

What is left is probably the hardest thing. Namely, I/O with Unicode
characters. This must necessarily be accompanied by a redesign of
ECL's streams which allows for extensible streams, external formats
and buffers handled by lisp.

Some time ago I got an offer from a person in the list regarding this
task, but if it takes too long I will probably begin coding it myself.

Additionally, I have added some build instructions to the ECL guide
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/pr01s06.html

Regards,

Juanjo

P.S.: I have run the whole test suite for each change I made and I
have rebuilt ECL using two configurations (no-frills and all
extensions). Please report if you experience any problem.