[Ecls-list] First MOP problem...

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Thu Feb 23 10:35:06 UTC 2006

Pascal Costanza dijo:
> Hi,
>
> I have checked out the latest ECL sources from the CVS repository and
> tried to get some first CLOS MOP to run. But an already very simple
> test case doesn't work.
> #<The TEST-CLASS TEST-OBJECT-1> is not of type SEQUENCE.
> Broken at LAMBDA.

Looks like there is a problem in the handling of the metaclass argument. I
will look into that.

> Note: When I start ECL I get a message "Broken at EVAL" immediately
> after startup (but everything seems ok). Is this normal?

It is irrelevant. It is just a message from the toplevel informing which
function has called it.

> Further note: When I configure with --prefix=$HOME, make install
> still tries to install documentation system-wide.

This seems to be a problem with the install-info program in MacOSX. The
destination for info files is computed always relative to the --prefix
argument. I keep note of that as well, but since I am abroad, it would be
helpful to have a bug report filled so that I do not forget of the
different problems.