[Ecls-list] First MOP problem...

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Thu Feb 23 06:56:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have checked out the latest ECL sources from the CVS repository and
tried to get some first CLOS MOP to run. But an already very simple
test case doesn't work.

When I enter the following code:

(defclass test-class (standard-class) ())

(defmethod validate-superclass
            ((class test-class)
             (superclass standard-class))
   t)

(defclass test-object-1 () ()
   (:metaclass test-class))

I get the following error:

#<The TEST-CLASS TEST-OBJECT-1> is not of type SEQUENCE.
Broken at LAMBDA.

I am not quite sure where to look for the problem. Any hints? The
relevant code (ensure-class, ensure-class-using-class, etc.) looks
ok, but I haven't looked very deeply.

Note: When I start ECL I get a message "Broken at EVAL" immediately
after startup (but everything seems ok). Is this normal?

Further note: When I configure with --prefix=$HOME, make install
still tries to install documentation system-wide.

I am doing all this on Mac OS X 10.4.5 / PowerPC.

Thanks for any help,
Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Programming Technology Lab