[Ecls-list] Error compiling ecl in windows (msys)

jjkola at email.com jjkola at email.com
Tue Apr 11 11:12:01 UTC 2006

Hello!

"Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll" <lisp at arrakis.es> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 23:23 +0300, jjkola at email.com wrote:
> > I got this error when compiling ecl in windows:
> > $ make
> > makefile:124: target `TAGS' given more than once in the same rule.
> > cd build; make
> > d:\MinGW\bin\make.exe[1]: Entering directory `d:/sources/ecl/build'
> > d:\MinGW\bin\make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `d:/sources/ecl/build'
> > d:\MinGW\bin\make.exe[1]: *** No rule to make target
> > `/d/sources/ecl/src/util/gdbinit', needed by `.gdbinit'.  Stop.
> > d:\MinGW\bin\make.exe: *** [all] Error 2
> > Please, could somebody correct the makefile so that I could compile it?
>
> What version of ECL are you compiling and which version of mingw? Did
> you download msys together with mingw? It looks like your 'make.exe'
> does not use the normal unix-like pathnames from mingw :-/

I used latest version from CVS (updated yesterday, with same effect). I used release candidate of mingw (5.0.2) together with msys (1.0.10).

> Besides, it seems your copy of ECL is missing a
> file /d/sources/ecl/src/util/gdbinit This file is not important, just
> try writing 'touch /d/sources/ecl/src/util/gdbinit' in the shell and
> build again. In any case, the message you got is suspicious -- seems
> like something is wrong either in mingw or in your ECL sources.

Actually that file is there. Cygwin didn't behave oddly with that file although it later stopped compiling. But that's a different story.

Here is logs for configure and build, as well as makefile:

http://www.jjkola.tk/misc/msys-build.log
http://www.jjkola.tk/misc/msys-config.log
http://www.jjkola.tk/misc/msys-config.status
http://www.jjkola.tk/misc/msys-Makefile