[Ecls-list] Error compiling ecl in windows (msys)

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Tue Apr 11 05:04:01 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 23:23 +0300, jjkola at email.com wrote:
> I got this error when compiling ecl in windows:
> $ make
> makefile:124: target `TAGS' given more than once in the same rule.
> cd build; make
> d:\MinGW\bin\make.exe[1]: Entering directory `d:/sources/ecl/build'
> d:\MinGW\bin\make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `d:/sources/ecl/build'
> d:\MinGW\bin\make.exe[1]: *** No rule to make target `/d/sources/ecl/src/util/gdbinit', needed by `.gdbinit'.  Stop.
> d:\MinGW\bin\make.exe: *** [all] Error 2
> Please, could somebody correct the makefile so that I could compile it?

What version of ECL are you compiling and which version of mingw? Did
you download msys together with mingw? It looks like your 'make.exe'
does not use the normal unix-like pathnames from mingw :-/

Besides, it seems your copy of ECL is missing a
file /d/sources/ecl/src/util/gdbinit This file is not important, just
try writing 'touch /d/sources/ecl/src/util/gdbinit' in the shell and
build again. In any case, the message you got is suspicious -- seems
like something is wrong either in mingw or in your ECL sources.

Regards,