[Ecls-list] Error compiling ecl in windows (msys)

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Wed Apr 12 02:05:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 21:10 +0300, jjkola at email.com wrote:
> "Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll" <lisp at arrakis.es> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 23:23 +0300, jjkola at email.com wrote:
> > > I got this error when compiling ecl in windows:
> > > $ make
> > > makefile:124: target `TAGS' given more than once in the same rule.
> > > cd build; make
> > > d:\MinGW\bin\make.exe[1]: Entering directory `d:/sources/ecl/build'
> > > d:\MinGW\bin\make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `d:/sources/ecl/build'
> > > d:\MinGW\bin\make.exe[1]: *** No rule to make target

Your installation of mingw is too old. This is signaled by 'make.exe'
being under mingw\bin. This program is deprecated and it appears no
longer in newer distributions.

You should install a newer package including msys developer toolkit.
This comes with a version of make.exe which is compatible with the
unix-like paths that the environment uses as well as supporting the Korn
Shell commands, etc.

Regards,