[Ecls-list] Re: ECL 0.9f released

luismbo at gmail.com luismbo at gmail.com
Sun May 22 06:38:06 UTC 2005

"lisp" <lisp at arrakis.es> writes:

> The location of libecl.dylib is hardcoded in the executable and it has to
> be the place where it is going to be installed. It seems the wrong
> location is here stored. Could you send me, by private email, a log of the
> compilation process.

Ok. Sent.

>> LOAD: Could not load file #P"/Users/luis/Software/lib/ecl/ASDF.fas"
>> (Error: "")
>> Broken at LAMBDA.
>>>>
>> Should (require :asdf) look for ASDF.fas instead of asdf.fas, btw?
>
> Is the filesystem in MacOSX case sensitive? Does it work if you do (load
> "/Users/luis/Software/lib/ecl/asdf.fas"?

Ah, indeed it is not case-sensitive. I wonder how I hadn't noticed
this before :-)

Anyway, ECL doesn't seem to be able to load the .fas files:

pomajxego:~/Software/lib/ecl luis$ ls
BUILD-STAMP  cmp.fas      h            libecl.dylib sysfun.lsp
asdf.fas     dpp          help.doc     sockets.fas
pomajxego:~/Software/lib/ecl luis$ ecl
ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.9f
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
        ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Top level.
> (load "asdf.fas")

;;; Freeing library /Users/luis/Software/lib/ecl/asdf.fas
LOAD: Could not load file "asdf.fas" (Error: "")
Broken at LOAD.
>> :pop
Top level.
> (load "asdf.fas")
Bus error

The same exact thing happens with the other .fas files too.

--
Luis Oliveira
luismbo (@) gmail (.) com