[Ecls-list] MacOSX problems (some solved)

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll jlr at mpq.mpg.de
Mon May 23 07:06:16 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have solved some of the problems you reported, at least on the Mac OSX
10.2 box to which I have access.

The first problem was due to an autoconf variable not being properly
expanded, so that the library libecl.dylib did not know where it was
going to be installed. This has been fixed, and at least on the system I
mentioned before, ECL compiles, builds, installs and runs, being able to
compile and load modules (such as in (load "cmp.fas"))

Please verify that these patches found in the Sourceforge releases
webpage, either by downloading the file ecl-0.9f-patch-1.tgz or by using
CVS to retreive the latest version.

If this still does not work, then it is probably due to issues with the
Boehm-Weiser garbage collector. I have seen problems reported in the
mailing list, specially regarding the latest version of Mac OSX (10.4 I
think, Tiger). It would be nice if you could confirm whether these
problems appear in your 10.3.9.

Regards