[Ecls-list] Re: Build cleanups, part one.

Maciek Pasternacki maciekp at japhy.fnord.org
Tue Mar 29 08:13:09 UTC 2005

On Pungenday, Discord 15, 3171 YOLD, Goffioul Michael wrote:

>> First patch with configure.in cleanups is at
>> http://japhy.fnord.org/pub/ecls-20050325-build-1.tar.gz .  I can't
>> figure out how my changes would affect build on exotic platforms
>> (i.e. Windows); it may also have some other side effects which I
>> overlooked.  Any comments or tests are welcome.  Here is list of
>> my changes and some questions (also included in tarball in file
>> CHANGES.japhy):
>
> Concerning building under Windows, this uses a self-contained Makefile
> in the msvc subdir. As long as the changes only affects configure.in,
> it doesn't affect Windows build. However, this Makefile uses the same
> variable names as substituted by configure, so if you change them, this
> affects Windows build (ex: MACHINE -> MACHINE_VERSION)

I'll try to look at these Makefiles and correct them if necessary, but
I'm unable to check my changes as I don't have machine with msvc
nearby, and I don't know msvc.  Would anybody help to tune Windows
build after I finish Un*x build system cleanups if needed?

--
__    Maciek Pasternacki <maciekp at japhy.fnord.org> [ http://japhy.fnord.org/ ]
`| _   |_\  / { ...to keep from dying is not the same as ``to live''. }