[Ecls-list] Google Summer of Code and ECLS

Marco Antoniotti marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu
Mon Jun 6 08:45:49 UTC 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 9:05 AM, Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll wrote:

> Marco Antoniotti wrote:
>
>> I don't know if you have heard about Google "Summer of Code".
>> However, the LispNYC group has been floating around ideas for
>> projects.  I put forth one that directly involves ECL.
>> http://www.alphageeksinc.com/cgi-bin/lispnyc.cgi?MozLisp
>> http://www.lispnyc.org
>> http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html
>> Please let me know if anybody is interested.  I really believe this
>> is a cool idea, but I have no time to implement it.
>
> Cool! So far availability permits, I am willing to assist people
> working on this project.
>
> As a comment, I find that the person working on this will need more of
> a strong background on Mozilla development than on ECLS :-)

Agreed.

> In particular, a probably tricky point will be the mapping between
> Mozilla objects to lisp objects. Many interesting ideas can come out
> here, and some of them could find applicability elsewhere, such as in
> a C++ or ObjectiveC ffi... Just wild ideas...

This would be "phase II".

In "phase I" we just need a proof-of-concept that will allow the plugin
to take a .lpml file (as opposed to .html) and render it appropriately.
  Having the ability to hit the "View Source" button and see a page of
CL code will make, IMHO, quite an impression.

Cheers
--
Marco

--
Marco Antoniotti					http://bioinformatics.nyu.edu
NYU Courant Bioinformatics Group		tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488