[Ecls-list] compilation on MacOS X

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Tue Jan 25 08:19:02 UTC 2005

bernard tatin wrote:

> CVS tree is up to date and
> ./configure --with-cmuformat && make && sudo make install
> works well. When I do "ecl "
> I get the following error :
> [LeMac:ecls] narberd% ecl
> dyld: ecl can't open library: /lib/ecl/libecl.dylib  (No such file or
> directory, errno = 2)  [...]
> I made a /lib directory (there is not such a directory on MacOS
> 10.3.7), I made a symbolic link between /usr/local/lib/ecl and
> /lib/ecl and it works :

This is great news! It seems that somehow the only problem is that
during the build process the linker is passed a wrong location of the
ECL shared library. Could you please send me a gzipped file with the
output of the build and install processes? The problem must be where the
final executable is linked, more or less at the end of the build process.

As for the other problems, 1) The sources in SF have this bug: they
expect ECL to be compiled using the flag --with-cmuformat. That has been
solved in CVS. 2) The test suite has some unbalanced parenthesis in one
of the files. Until now ECL did not complain about these stray
parenthesis, but this has been changed for greater ANSI compatibility.

Regards,