[Ecls-list] compilation on MacOS X

bernard tatin bernard.tatin at tele2.fr
Tue Jan 25 08:09:03 UTC 2005

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll wrote:

> The anonymous CVS tree is not up to date. Try "cvs update" today. This
> problem has already been solved and yes, it shows a bug in dpp which is
> very difficult to solve without teaching the program further about the C
> syntax.
>
> Juanjo

CVS tree is up to date and
./configure --with-cmuformat && make && sudo make install

works well. When I do :
ecl

I get the following error :
[LeMac:ecls] narberd% ecl
dyld: ecl can't open library: /lib/ecl/libecl.dylib  (No such file or
directory, errno = 2)
Trace/BPT trap

I made a /lib directory (there is not such a directory on MacOS 10.3.7),
I made a symbolic link between /usr/local/lib/ecl and /lib/ecl and it
works :
[LeMac:ecls] narberd% ecl
ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.9e
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
         ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Top level.
 > *features*
(:NEW :DARWIN :IEEE-FLOATING-POINT :CLOS-STREAMS :CMU-FORMAT :BSD
:DLOPEN :CLOS
  :BOEHM-GC :ECL :COMMON :ANSI-CL :COMMON-LISP :POWERPC7450)

I did not search a lot, I cannot tell more.

I made
make test

and I get that (I cut the begenning) :

;;; Doing "ecl_chap12_spec"
;;; Doing "ecl_chap14_cons"
Unmatched right parenthesis, #\)
Broken at READ.

rm -f *.plc
make -C ansi-tests > ansi-tests/log
make[2]: *** [ecl] Error 138
make[1]: *** [test] Error 2
make: *** [test] Error 2
[LeMac:ecls] narberd%

I will investigate this evening.

Before I received your message, I tried the sources on SourceForge
(ecl-0.9e-fix-1.tar). It was better than yesterday, no problems with dpp
and read.d. But I get that error :
ld: Undefined symbols:
_cl_copy_pprint_dispatch
_cl_pprint_dispatch
_cl_pprint_fill
_cl_pprint_indent
_cl_pprint_linear
_cl_pprint_newline
_cl_pprint_tab
_cl_pprint_tabular
_cl_set_pprint_dispatch

After some search, I tried with ./configure --with-cmuformat. It works
better, I could compile and install, but I never could run ecl, even
after my symlink. When I go back to CVS, I am afraid that I kept the
cmuformat option.

A bientôt,

Bernard.