[Ecls-list] ecl on solaris 10

Eric eric at semsyn.com
Thu Aug 11 14:18:36 UTC 2005

--- Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <lisp at arrakis.es> wrote:

> Just to give some background, in between
> the 14th and 17th you
> sent me 16 emails which ranged from ECL issues to
> you wanting me to find
> out why the GCC in your Solaris machine did not
> work.

In fact Juanjo, the gcc problem was an issue that was
raised by you, and not by myself. That is why I was
corresponding with you about it.

You also requested that I install a debugger, CVS,
etc. in order for you to work on my machine. I did all
of this happily, thinking that you were sincere. Only
to have you keep me hanging endlessly without any word
as to when I could expect getting any help.

> However, the only problem I saw in your email today
> is that you have GMP
> 3.* installed in the machine and ECL will not link
> against it. You have
> to specify both --enable-slow-config and
> --with-system-gmp=no (or even
> better uninstall the old libraries) to avoid linking
> against the
> installed gmp library.

Now there's an important piece of information that you
are oh so busy that you don't have time to convey. But
you have plenty of time to argue with people.

Best regards,

Eric