[Ecls-list] ecl on solaris 10

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Thu Aug 11 09:05:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 07:39 -0700, Eric wrote:
> In fact Juanjo, the last emails I sent you (that you
> never replied to) were on 7/15, 7/26, and then 8/10.

Not in my mailbox. 7/17th and it was actually a message I replied. And
now 8/10. Just to give some background, in between the 14th and 17th you
sent me 16 emails which ranged from ECL issues to you wanting me to find
out why the GCC in your Solaris machine did not work.

> Instead, you have me sending emails into space with
> no return. That's very rude and unprofessional.
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think you have answered yourself. This is not a business. If I
sometimes do not even answer emails from my family I am not going to
keep a special agenda to remembering answer yours.

Similarly, if I go to a conference and leave something unsolved (solaris
10 port) and something else comes up which looks more urgent
(performance problems which affect all platforms), I am free to change
topic.

> Is there anyone else on this list that knows what's
> going on with ECL on Solaris 10?

Solaris 9 works. Solaris 10 no idea, since you closed the account.
However, the only problem I saw in your email today is that you have GMP
3.* installed in the machine and ECL will not link against it. You have
to specify both --enable-slow-config and --with-system-gmp=no (or even
better uninstall the old libraries) to avoid linking against the
installed gmp library.

Have fun,