[Ecls-list] cannot cross compile ecl 0.9c

Larry Clapp larry at theclapp.org
Sun Feb 29 19:28:07 UTC 2004

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 07:47:09PM +0100, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> On Sunday 22 February 2004 05:09, Larry Clapp wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> Hi, and sorry for the late answer.

No problem.

> > I cannot cross compile ecl 0.9c
> > Any suggestions?  I've already compiled & installed ecl 0.9c for my
> > build machine, so no problems there.
> > .
> > ;;; Compiling (DEFUN DO/DO*-EXPAND ...).
> > ;;; Compiling (DEFMACRO DO ...).
> > ;;; Compiling (DEFMACRO DO* ...).
> > ;;; Compiling (DEFMACRO CASE ...).
> > The function DO/DO*-EXPAND is undefined.
> > Broken at DO*.
> > SI>>
>
> I had a look at the cross compilation process, and the problem is
> that some macros in the installed copy of ECL get overwritten by the
> macros in the copy to be compiled. I am working on that now.

Thanks!

In the meantime, I've gotten ecl to compile natively on my target
platform (a Sharp Zaurus), although I had to comment out GMP's
configure script complaining about unsigned division not working in
gcc 2.95.3 for the arm cpu series.  I haven't seen any errors yet
(though I haven't done much bignum division, either :), and I don't
think I'll have much use for bignums in my target application, but
we'll see.  If it turns out I'm wrong, well, hopefully cross compiling
will work by then!  :)

-- Larry Clapp