[Ecls-list] Ports to Alpha and Sparc revived

Martin ``rydis'' Rydstr|m rydis at cd.chalmers.se
Sun Feb 29 09:35:16 UTC 2004

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 06:08:06PM +0100, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> And finally one question for the experts out there: why does
> "install -c -s ecl ~/bin" fail under Solaris/Sparc??? Is it due to the fact that the
> executable is dynamically linked???

Not that I'm an expert, but there are a few incompatible versions of
install in Solaris. You have the wrong arguments for the default,
SysV (IIRC) install. Does /usr/ucb/install with the same arguments
work better?

(Also, sh under Solaris doesn't do tilde-expansion, IIRC.)

Regards,

'mr

--
[Emacs] is written in Lisp, which is the only computer language that is
beautiful.  -- Neal Stephenson, _In the Beginning was the Command Line_