[Ecls-list] Examples of successful integration in applications.

Julian St. der_julian at web.de
Fri Oct 31 00:31:12 UTC 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 23:25:07 -0800
Robert Lehr <bozzio at the-lehrs.com> wrote:

> Juan, et. al.,
>
> Is anybody actually using ECL?  What applications are being written
> with it? Besides unicorp (http://unicorp.sourceforge.net/).  Even on
> that project, ECL integration seems to be in a holding-pattern.

My pet project:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xchatlisp/

I try to keep it running with the latest ECL release.

> I have a big problem with trapping errors.  After studying the code
> and using the various functions and CPP macroes from stacks.h, my
> program still pops into the top-level when an error occurs.  Such
> errors as non-existent packages or failing to load a file.  Having a
> critical daemon invisibly enter the repl is not a good thing.  So I
> need to solve that, too.
>
> Has anybody solved that?  The unicorp developers have similar
> problems.

You could wrap your application with condition handlers or look into
http://www.lispworks.com/reference/HyperSpec/Body/v_debugg.htm#STdebugger-hookST

But the latter does not seem to work very well...

> (setq *debugger-hook* (lambda (x y) (print x)))
#<bytecompiled-function 081ad488>
Top level.
> (/ 1 0)

#<a SIMPLE-ERROR>Bus error (core dumped)

or

> (setq *debugger-hook* (lambda (x y) (print x)))
#<bytecompiled-function 081ad488>
Top level.
> blurb

#<a SIMPLE-ERROR> System error. Trying to recover ...

#<a SIMPLE-ERROR> System error. Trying to recover ...

#<a SIMPLE-ERROR> System error. Trying to recover ...

#<a SIMPLE-ERROR> System error. Trying to recover ...

#<a SIMPLE-ERROR> System error. Trying to recover ...

#<a SIMPLE-ERROR> System error. Trying to recover ...

#<a SIMPLE-ERROR> System error. Trying to recover ...

#<a SIMPLE-ERROR> System error. Trying to recover ...

#<a SIMPLE-ERROR> System error. Trying to recover ...

etc

Regards,
Julian
--
	I feel more like I do now than I did before I started.