[Ecls-list] 0.9c builds on alpha-netbsd1.6.1

Prut Flut prutflut at m-net.arbornet.org
Fri Oct 31 00:05:13 UTC 2003

Hello,

just to let you know that ecl-0.9c builds on alpha-netbsd1.6.1
(so my previous post could be deleted).  Thanks a lot!

For those interested, this is how I did it:
./configure --prefix=~/pkg --build=alpha-alpha-netbsd1.6.1 --without-x --with-gmp='SHELL=/bin/sh' SHELL=/bin/sh
cd build/gc
vi Makefile # change SHELL=/usr/pkg/bin/bash to SHELL=/bin/sh
cd ../../src/gmp
vi gmp.texi # adapt the file so it works with outdated texinfo
            # remove @copying ... @end copying, @documentdescription ...
            # @end documentdescription and @insertcopying
cd ../..
gmake # NetBSD's make != Gnu make
      # this results in a message: ``building developper doc, ignore errors''
      # (or something like that) and an error about a bad menu line.
gmake # I did this to be sure that everything was built (it compiled a lot
      # of stuff
gmake install
cd ~/pkg/bin
./ecl
ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.9c
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
        ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Top level.
> :h

Top level commands:
:cf             Compile file.
:exit or ^D     Exit Lisp.
:ld             Load file.
:step           Single step form.
:tr(ace)        Trace function.
:untr(ace)      Untrace function.

Help commands:
:apropos        Apropos.
:doc(ument)     Document.
:h(elp) or ?    Help.  Type ":help help" for more information.
Top level.
> (defun f (x) (g (1+ x)))
Top level.
> (defun g (x) (* x x))