[Ecls-list] Re: Latest changes

Paul F. Dietz dietz at dls.net
Wed Mar 5 20:31:06 UTC 2003

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll wrote:

> I have been abroad, and then again ill for several days, and see that there
> are some reported errors in ECL. Ok, I will fix them!

I've been working on an exhaustive ansi test suite for gcl.  I've got
it to run under ecl.  It's reporting 1542 test failures on
10785 tests.

To run the test suite, download the gcl/ansi-tests module from the
gcl cvs repository (see http://savannah.gnu.org/gcl for directions).
Go to the ansi-tests directory, start up ecl, and enter (load "gclload.lsp").
This will load (some with compilation) various files, the execute the
tests.  In at least one test the debugger is improperly invoked; just
enter :c to continue.

Instead of submitting bug reports to the sourceforge site, it's more
convenient for everyone if the maintainer(s) download and run the
test suite themselves.

This test suite is being used by various CL development teams besides
gcl to bring their lisps more fully into ANSI compliance.  The test suite
does not yet cover all of the spec, but that parts that are covered
are covered in great detail.  As a result, the test suite has been
finding problems that previous public tests have missed.  I estimate
the test suite is about half done.

	Paul Dietz
	dietz at dls.net