[Ecls-list] Latest changes
Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll
worm at arrakis.es
Tue Mar 4 09:09:02 UTC 2003
I have been abroad, and then again ill for several days, and see that there
are some reported errors in ECL. Ok, I will fix them! But I also found a few
errors of my own :-) thanks to Edi Weitz's CL-PPCRE package, and have
committed some changes to the CVS repository. Here's a summary:
* Errors fixed:
- The PCL relied on the compiler to optimize certain method
combinations. However, the compiler is not always present, and
therefore it is safer to use interpreted functions instead.
* Visible changes:
- No "Bye" message in QUIT.
* ANSI compatibility:
- WITH-HASH-TABLE-ITERATOR implemented.
- In DEFGENERIC, only SPACE and SPEED declarations were allowed.
- The bytecodes compiler did not contemplate the possibility of
a lambda list with &key and no keyword variables.
- In MAKE-PATHNAME, values which are supplied (even if NIL), are not
overwritten by the :DEFAULTS. For instance, (MAKE-PATHNAME :TYPE
NIL :DEFAULTS "FOO.LISP") => #P"FOO"
This last error is rather important, as it caused problems with DEFSYSTEM.
More information about the ecl-devel