Fwd: [Ecls-list] Problems with MK:DEFSYSTEM & PROBE-FILE

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Wed Jul 16 05:48:31 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 14:26, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 July 2003 11:46, Edi Weitz wrote:
> >  However, I still have issues with MK:DEFSYSTEM. I'm using
> > the CLOCC snapshot from last night and MK:DEFSYSTEM compiles without a
> > problem but when trying to build HTML-TEMPLATE from its system
> > definition I get [...]
> >
> >   > (load "/usr/local/lisp/defsystem") [...]
> >
> >   #P"/usr/local/lisp/defsystem.so"
> >   Top level.
> >
> >   > (mk:compile-system "html-template")

> >   NIL cannot be coerced to a pathname.
> >   Broken at MAKE:COMPILE-SYSTEM.

I think I've solved this one. The problem was an inline expansion of
(PROBE-FILE filename) into a C expression (cl_file_kind(filename) != Cnil).
This inline expansion was supposed to avoid the call to TRUENAME when the
true name of the file is not used (For instance, in an (IF ...) expresion
that only checks the existence of the file). However, it was not properly
defined and in the end it was used everywhere.