[cmucl-imp] ASDF 2.016 released

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 22:13:38 UTC 2011

> Another issue:  The self-contained exec can contain the unicode data
> base and the external formats.  I've tested that.  But the executable
> can't save another executable image because the link shell script can't
> be found.  To be truly self-contained, it would have to be stored in C
> code and written out at some point.   Or the script would need to be
> converted into C.  Neither of these appeal to me, but at least the
> former could be somewhat automated.  Still kind of gross.

I have recently converted a biggish shell script (used to test XCVB)
into pure Lisp code using run-program (see xcvb/t/sub-xcvb.lisp),
and I'm soooo glad I don't have to write shell scripts anymore.

That said, you could also save the script to a string, and invoke
/bin/sh -c '...'

Lie, n.:
	A very poor substitute for the truth, but the only one
discovered to date.