[closer-devel] Closer to MOP: More news

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Sat Nov 21 16:33:42 UTC 2009

Hi,

Major reorganization of the code, plus support for generic function invocation protocols in Allegro Common Lisp.

A major	reorganization of the code became necessary, because the old structure became harder than necessary to maintain. I have now moved code that is similar across many Common Lisp implementations into a shared source code file, and leave only small parts to implementation-dependent source code files. The setup of packages is combined into one file, and all relevant symbols are now exported from the packages, including symbols that may not have any definitions in some Common Lisp implementations. To further simplify things, I have moved source code from subfolders into the main folder, to avoid hierarchy creep.

Finally, Allegro Common	Lisp now also supports the full	generic	function invocation protocols. This means that filtered functions now also work there. However, please ensure that the newest patches for Allegro 8.1 are installed and loaded!

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel