[closer-devel] lw-compat dependency of closer-mop

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 11:32:00 UTC 2007

> Both ContextL and Closer to MOP use lw-compat in a few places, so I
> would indeed need to provide duplicate functionality in both
> projects. That's not so nice, especially because LispWorks already
> provides these operators.

oops, seems like my scanning was too sloppy.

> I actually would like to keep this separation. What specific problems
> do you encounter? (Maybe you can convince me that it is indeed too
> much of a hassle...)

the only problem is that ucw already depends on a lot of packages and
for a moment i played with the idea of using closer-mop. but arnesi
provides a MOPP package and it's already a dependency, so i may just
leave things as they are and do not introduce two more dependencies.

so, there's no actual problem, only a cry for a better package
management for lisp... :)

anyway, thanks for the quick answer and sorry for my sloppiness,

--
 attila