[closer-devel] lw-compat dependency of closer-mop

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Fri Apr 13 11:11:34 UTC 2007

On 13 Apr 2007, at 12:17, Attila Lendvai wrote:

> dear Pascal,
>
> it seems like closer-mop does not actually depend on lw-compat and
> even if it would then a small duplicates.lisp could eliminate the
> dependency.
>
> i'm a big fan of factoring out stuff into standalone projects, but due
> to the constant price added by the lack of good package management
> tools for lisp, i usually create a duplicates.lisp for small things.
>
> but as it doesn't actually seem to use lw-compat, this is a non-issue.
> could you please remove the dependency from the closer-mop.asd file so
> that it becomes a standalone lib?

Both ContextL and Closer to MOP use lw-compat in a few places, so I
would indeed need to provide duplicate functionality in both
projects. That's not so nice, especially because LispWorks already
provides these operators.

I actually would like to keep this separation. What specific problems
do you encounter? (Maybe you can convince me that it is indeed too
much of a hassle...)

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Programming Technology Lab