Gitlab groups and publishing static web pages

Marco Antoniotti marco.antoniotti at unimib.it
Sat Dec 26 09:01:24 UTC 2020

Hi Everybody

Happy (Hacking) Holidays.

Ok.  I am back doing this.  Thank you Erik and thank you Ray for the
tutorial :)

Let me understand how I need to proceed.  But first let me tell you how I
was working before.

In the past I would load my docs to my local clnet home and the I would
copy them to the /project/public_html.
As I use (shameless plug) HELambdaP to generate the documentation (* and **
below), I can keep everything in my folders and not use the .gitlab-ci.yml
thingy.

Now I have the following problem, which I believe is affecting me (and
others) either with or without .gitlab-ci.yml: the new projects do not have
a "group" (a UN*X group) created automatically, which is what I was also
hinting at with my first message.  Cfr., my last project 'with-contexts'.

If I were to create a 'with-context-site' project in Gitlab, I would still
have to ask you (the admins) for the creation of the 'with-context' group.
My feeling is that the old ways were better, although I do not know what
that entails about Gitlab "groups", which, I presume, are different from
UN*X groups.

Now: is the move to Gitlab sites mandatory?  If so, does that mean that we
will need to have TWO projects going on separately? I.e. 'myproject' and
'myproject-site'?
If the move is not mandatory, will the old way of manually copying
documentation to '/projects/myproject/public_html' still work (provided
that the 'group' was there)?

Before I conclude let me ask something else. (*) HELambdaP lives in
sourceforge.net (http://helambdap.sf.net); a leftover from the CLNET
interregnum, when things ceased to work (same for CLAST); I want to move it
to CLNET and I will get around to do it.  The question (**) is whether it
would be possible to set up a job/task/whatever in common-lisp.net that
would run it unattended.  Since CLNET has a SBCL available (***), I suppose
I could run it with an init script and have it ready to go, but wouldn't it
be nice if the CL instance(s) running on CLNET, had Quicklisp running, so
that HELambdaP (shameless plug again!) were just a quickload away?  Or
better, had the quickload in the instance init file?  Maybe that would
create issues between "site" quicklisp and "user" quicklisp, but it'd be
nice to have.

All the best

Marco

(***) Can we have ABCL, ECL, CMUCL etc also installed?  Just asking...

--
Marco Antoniotti, Associate Professor         tel. +39 - 02 64 48 79 01
DISCo, Università Milano Bicocca U14 2043 http://bimib.disco.unimib.it