"Little Lisper" lambda logo and possible derivative (was: Re: Request for comments: Design of common-lisp.net and Logo)

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Fri Sep 25 17:43:24 UTC 2015

Dear Mr. Steele,

Thank you for securing the rights to your logo from "the Little Lisper" and
granting them for use by the Common Lisp Foundation and on common-lisp.net.
You can see the current state of things on http://common-lisp.net.  We hope
you find our current use of the logo to be appropriate.

There has been some discussion of "morphing" this logo into something a bit
more CL-specific (e.g. morphing the upside-down lambda on the left into
something resembling a "C"), for use by the CL community, and to represent
the CL language in general.

Would you have any issues with us going ahead and working on a derivative?
Of course I think you should be entitled to have veto power over any
proposed alternatives we come up with.

Best Regards,

 Dave Cooper
 Secretary, Common Lisp Foundation

P.S. if you would like to follow the discussion in more detail, please feel
free to join the mailing list clo-devel at common-lisp.net  (if you're not
already on it ;):

--
My Best,