Slow display of files (again)

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 22:36:28 UTC 2015

    Erik> Hi Raymond,

    Erik> I'm not sure I'm seeing the same thing as you are. How long
    Erik> does it take for your display to be updated and how much CPU
    Erik> does it take (on how many cores)?

    Erik> On my machine, I'm only getting a few percent CPU (with 4
    Erik> hyperthreading cores) and the bottom of the page updates
    Erik> within a minute.

Ok, I think the test isn't quite right.  Moving to the end is fast.
What I was doing was a bit more complicated.  Move to the end, then
drag the scrollbar up towards the middle of the list.  (You should do
this in some area where the commit log for the file hasn't been
updated.) Then use the mouse wheel to move around some more.

After doing this for a bit, I see both Chrome and Firefox use 100% CPU
(8-core 4 threads/core i7 machine at work).  Eventually, I see Chrome
pop up a window that says the page is hung and Firefox pops up a
window that says the script is unresponsive.

Curiously, after a while, the mouse wheel will scroll around but I
can't drag the scrollbar at all.  Perhaps these are bugs in
Chrome/Firefox.

This will get fixed when ansi-tests moves things into subdirectories.

--
Ray