Request for comments: Design of common-lisp.net and Logo

Max Rottenkolber max at mr.gy
Mon Sep 21 13:14:51 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

First off, I noticed a slight usability problem with the CSS stylesheet
used by common-lisp.net: When inside a smallish browser window, the lotus
background image is beneath the text and makes it hard to read.

Here is a before/after to illustrate what I am on about:
http://imgur DOT com/a/bac8s (including other minor changes)

If you guys need help with the stylesheet I would love to lend a hand!

Second, I noticed that we (as in the CL community) don't seem to have a
language logo. There are a handful of Lisp logos but none that
exclusively say “Common Lisp”. I think common-lisp.net could use one
especially. I would be interested in “crowd sourcing” a logo for the CL
community by ways of a public poll. The question is, what should/could be
in a CL logo?

 * the letters “CL” since that abbreviation is quite widespread, I guess
 * do people want a mascot? there was that lisp alien...
 * the “λ” and jin+yang symbols seems popular for lisp related things

Any ideas on other things suited to illustrate a CL logo?

Regard,
max