Slow display of files (again)

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 21:25:56 UTC 2015

Hi Raymond,

I'm not sure I'm seeing the same thing as you are. How long does it take
for your display to be updated and how much CPU does it take (on how many
cores)?

On my machine, I'm only getting a few percent CPU (with 4 hyperthreading
cores) and the bottom of the page updates within a minute.

Regards,

Erik.

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 4:17 PM, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:

> Had this problem with cmucl src/code and src/compiler directories a
> while ago but it was fixed.
>
> However, try getting the file list for ansi-tests/ansi-tests and
> scroll down a bit.  It brings firefox to its knees.  Chrome is a bit
> better but it still takes a while on my 3GHz imac.
>
> Compare this with github.com/rtoy/ansi-cl-tests.  It's very smooth and
> takes no time at all.
>
> (It would probably be nice for its own sake if ansi-tests put related
> tests into subdirectories instead of all the files in one directory.
> But that's a different issue.)
>
> --
> Ray

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.