Experiencing problems to connect to common-lisp.net over ssh.

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Tue Sep 1 20:57:28 UTC 2015

Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> writes:

> On 2015/9/1 10:10, Philippe Brochard wrote:
>> Erik Huelsmann <ehuels at gmail.com> writes:
>
> […]
>>> Is this a project that's currently stored in Git already? If not, do
>>> you need help converting from Subversion/Darcs/Bazaar/...?
>>>
>> Yes, the project is CLFSWM and it uses git for quite some time. The use
>> of gitlab for the project is working fine.
>> I just need to update the project page with updated information about
>> how to clone the code from gitlab.
>>
>> I'd like to use the gitlab wiki instead of trac. I have found some way
>> to convert pages from trac.db to gitlab markdown. But if you have
>> already done this for other projects you can also do it for CLFSWM.
>> On the other way, I'll can share the procedure to convert a trac wiki to
>> a gitlab wiki (if I can do it).
>
> Yes, please share such a procedure if possible no matter how
> rudimentary.  There are other projects who could benefit from such a
> migration.  We'd be especially interested in HTTP rewrites that would
> bounce old links to new locations.

Ok, I've converted the CLFSWM trac wiki to Gitlab wiki.
Here is the procedure I have used:

Copy trac.db in a directory

In the same directory, fetch trac2down.py (or one of its fork)
from:
https://gist.github.com/sgk/1286682#file-trac2down-py

I have modified it a little to fit the CLFSWM trac (the script is
attached with this email).

And then in this directory:

$ git clone git at common-lisp.net:clfswm/clfswm.wiki.git

$ cd clfswm.wiki/

$ ls
 --- empty directory ---

$ ../trac2down.py

$ ls
BindingHook.md  CLFSWM.md      DescribeHook.md  GIT.md    InFrench.md                 MenuCustomization.md  Patches.md  Setup.md          UserAPI.md
Bugs.md         Contribute.md  English.md       Home.md   InitHook.md                 NewIdeas.md           SVN.md      Start.md          UserConfiguration.md
BuildClisp.md   Customize.md   FAQ.md           Hooks.md  KeybindingCustomization.md  NewWindowHook.md      Sandbox.md  TipsAndTricks.md  start-french.md

$ git add *

$ git commit -a -m "Convert Trac to Gitlab"

[ Check if all is ok with gollum ]

$ git push origin HEAD

Here is the result:

From: https://trac.common-lisp.net/clfswm/wiki/WikiStart

To: https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/clfswm/clfswm/wikis/home

The page Outline is not (maybe yet) converted to a table of content.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Philippe

PS: Feel free to ask if you have any remarks.