[clo-devel] cvsroot syncing regularly takes too long

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sun May 8 20:36:04 UTC 2011

Hi Hans,

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 9:58 PM, Hans Hübner <hans.huebner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it would be better to publish the original repositories using
> pserver rather than making an extra copy just because of the paranoia.
>  If pserver needs to be chroot (I'd doubt that), the repositories can
> live inside of the chroot and instead symlink to the /project
> directory.
>
> Opinions?  I can implement the simple scheme if noone objects.

If I'm correct, this page
http://www.cvedetails.com/product/758/CVS-CVS.html?vendor_id=442
suggests that there have been no CVE security advisories anymore since
2005. If that's the case, I do concur that this is probably a bit too
paranoid.

If nobody objects within say, the next 72 hours, I think we can safely
assume there are no objections.

Thanks!