[Clo-devel] ftp, public_html, naming and site design.

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Tue Aug 26 17:52:33 UTC 2003

1) i've got some files in /project/bese/ftp and
   /project/bese/public_html which don't seem to get copied into the
   public www and ftp directories. [monday i ran a lot of ssh
   connections (abusing arch can do this) and eventually couldn't
   connect (i got out of memory errors so i assume i ran into some
   quota), but the problem fixed itself today. i don't know if these
   two things are related.]

2) i'd also like to put a copy of
   /project/bese/bese-devel at common-lisp.net under the www directory,
   is this doable? it could just be a symlink or a every-so-often
   updated copy, considering that it's a pretty big directory.

3) i don't want to offend anyone's tastes but i find the
   common-lisp.net site a little plain. i tried to come up with
   something a bit more colorful:

   http://www.bese.it/~segv/common-lisp.net/index2.html
   http://www.bese.it/~segv/common-lisp.net/index3.html

   i don't like those two designs either, but hey, i gave it my
   best. if you like 'em, use 'em; if you hate 'em, ignore 'em; if
   this is really arrogant and presumptuos of me ... sorry.

4) i've been following the project naming discussion on irc and
   admin at common-lisp.net, if i may: how many different rfc2833
   implementations for common lisp are there? I think that as long as
   the names are discriptive (says he who calls his projects fiveam
   and arnesi) whatever people want should be fine. the existence of a
   project called rfc???? will at least push people to add
   features/improvements to that as opposed to using re-implementing
   it. the idea of having projects somehow map to pages on cliki is
   pretty cool as well.

thanks,
--
-Marco