[Clo-devel] On supporting arch

Erik Enge erik at nittin.net
Fri Aug 22 14:22:12 UTC 2003

Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus at random-state.net> writes:

> On topic ;) I think that once we add Arch & Subversion support we need
> to rethink some things about how new projects are handled, since it
> could be a little confusing for projects to have both svnroot and
> cvsroot...

Well, yes, but only from the requesters point of view.  Underneath, they
are all shell scripts to do the individual jobs.  Perhaps a neat little
HTML form with dropdowns etc. could do the trick.

I want to be able to say:

 * (make-project :name "my_project" :revision-control :cvs :owner "eenge")
 => #<PROJECT {234234}>

and then probably something like

 * (store-in-database *)

and that's the end of that.

> Too involved? Sort of ok?

I think everybody should get ftp, public_html and webspace by default.
Revision control needs to be selected (once we offer more than one
option).