[Clo-devel] On supporting arch

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Tue Aug 19 20:38:33 UTC 2003

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 04:30:36PM -0400, Erik Enge wrote:

> Even more off topic, if you would like to have Subversion access on
> common-lisp.net, put together a short list of things for me to do and
> I'll set it up.  (I'll do it on my own but it will take some time as
> I'll have to learn SVN first.)

On topic ;) I think that once we add Arch & Subversion support we need
to rethink some things about how new projects are handled, since it
could be a little confusing for projects to have both svnroot and
cvsroot...

My though: projects tell what features they wish to use on in their
hosting application. The appropriate directories and mailing lists get
created + public_html (with a default index.html that includes the
description the project gave on application).

Eg:

 Application for mailing-list lispgui. Just public_html and list
 lispgui-devel get created. Not ftp, no nothing. Later they may decide
 that they need other features well -- when so, then so.

 Application for foo, with Subversion and ftp. They get foo-devel,
 foo-svn, and in their dir they have public_html, svnroot and ftp.

Too involved? Sort of ok?

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus